COVID-19 Positive Cases Information
Updated information about case counts and more at Uncommon Schools NYC
This page was last updated on January 19, at 1:00pm.
|SCHOOL NAME||NEW CASES
(Jan. 9 – Jan. 15)
|TOTAL CASES SINCE
|Excellence Boys Elementary||0||2|
|Excellence Girls Elementary||0||3|
|Leadership Prep Bed-Stuy Elementary||0||9|
|Leadership Prep Brownsville Elementary||0||13|
|Leadership Prep Canarsie Elementary||0||12|
|Leadership Prep Ocean Hill Elementary||0||6|
|Ocean Hill Elementary||0||3|
|Brooklyn East Collegiate||2||5|
|Excellence Boys Middle||0||10|
|Excellence Girls Middle||0||6|
|Leadership Prep Bed-Stuy Middle||0||13|
|Leadership Prep Brownsville Middle||0||10|
|Leadership Prep Canarsie Middle||28||42|
|Leadership Prep Ocean Hill Middle||0||14|
|Ocean Hill Collegiate||0||9|
|Uncommon Charter HS||4||53|
|Uncommon Collegiate HS||0||28|
|Uncommon Leadership Charter HS||4||29|
|Uncommon Preparatory Charter HS||0||21|
As you know, our community’s health and safety continue to be our first priority during this time, and our work together as partners in keeping our school community safe is essential to this goal. Our schools have many safety measures in place, such as universal masking, screening procedures, social distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures, and COVID-19 testing.
- We work in coordination with the local health department to identify who, if anyone, may be considered a “close contact.”
- If your child is a close contact, our school nurse or member of the Operations team, will call you to determine if quarantine is necessary. We recognize that you may like more detailed information about the cases in question. Please be aware that we will respect the privacy of those impacted and will not provide any additional information about individuals who has tested positive or that may have been quarantined.
- As a reminder, unless you are notified otherwise, you can assume that schools are open and operating on their regular schedule.
We count on your continued partnership as we work to keep our community safe. As a reminder, here’s how you can help:
- Fill out HealthPass each day before coming to school. This is how we will track symptoms and positive cases. This tool will also help you determine if your child needs to stay home from school.
- Keep your children home if they exhibit symptoms or test positive for Covid-19. Be sure to fill out Healthpass to indicate there are symptoms and or a positive case and contact your school to inform them your child will not be coming that day.
- If your child begins to experience symptoms during the day, please pick them up from school if called. We understand it’s not always easy or possible to make the trip to your child’s school in the middle of the day and encourage you to identify other family members or friends who may be willing and able to assist if needed.
- Vaccination Information and Resources
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ for parents
- If you have questions, please contact your school leaders by calling your school’s main office.